SALES / ACCOUNT MANAGER – Ottawa / Gatineau
Start date: Immediate
Are you someone who dreams of sharing Indigenous business excellence and culture with the world? Are you a great communicator, energetic, and work with technology to work faster and smarter?
If so, then Manitobah Mukluks has an opportunity for you to join our sales team, building relationships with customers and travelling to trade shows to represent the brand!
Manitobah Mukluks, Canada’s fastest-growing footwear brand and a Profit-500 company seeks a passionate Sales / Account Manager – a data-driven, systems-based, “always closing” individual capable of conducting various sales and account management activities and representing the brand at trade shows across Canada.
Imagine waking up each day and looking forward to going into work, knowing you’re contributing to a company changing the Canadian business landscape, where everyone works together to build a brand that makes an impact in the Indigenous community – where you’re surrounded by people who enjoy their work, respect each other and are eager to collaborate as a team to change the world. Discover all of those things and an exciting opportunity to interface with customers at trade shows as well as over the phone. Exhibit your energetic, self-driven personality and step up your career on a positive, rewarding track!
This position leads sales efforts and sales campaigns within the Manitobah independent wholesale channel. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales / Account Manager utilizes data to help our wholesale customers benefit from our fantastic growth. You'll also execute sales campaigns, visit our customers' stores and attend trade shows across Canada.
- Becoming an expert in the Manitobah brand - capable of sharing our unique story of comfort, quality and community impact
- Review historic sales data, create recommended orders by customer; study existing clients, determine potential volumes and generate new leads
- Plan and organize daily work; call new and existing clients
- Manage and execute sales campaigns via phone and email
- Set-up and attend trade shows; meet customers, take orders
- Listen to and report on customer needs; provide solutions/ suggestions via phone/email
- Change orders and update customer account information in ERP system
- Answer phone calls and emails; provide support with order processing
- Assist with creation of order forms, purchase orders, sales reports and order confirmations
- Process and send inventory reports to a variety of clients and stakeholders
- Complete a sales opportunities database, communicate travel schedules, provide daily call reports, weekly work plans, and sales forecasts in a timely manner
- A willingness to go above and beyond, especially during peak seasons
- A connection to, or strong passion for, Indigenous culture
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with MS Excel, MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail and numerical proficiency with an ability to analyze / summarize data and make strategic, data-based recommendations
- An inherent ease and excitement in interacting professionally with customers, especially small businesses and Indigenous entrepreneurs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks over the short and medium term
- An entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a willingness to problem-solve
- Passion for customer service, attention to details – a desire to close sales
It would be great if you have:
- Post-secondary education
- French language proficiency
- Experience working with Mailchimp and/or other B2B tools
- 2 years of wholesale customer service experience
In return we offer:
- A fun and unique, open-concept office with an award-winning team
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A chance to work with a growing brand that measures both social and financial returns
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a great opportunity with a successful, innovative, proudly Indigenous company, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Please reference “Sales / Account Manager” in the subject line. Please do not respond by phone.
Manitobah is an Equal Opportunity employer and utilizes an Indigenous-first hiring policy.
About Manitobah Mukluks
Established in 1997 by Métis entrepreneur Sean McCormick, Manitobah Mukluks was founded with a vision to build a vibrant, global brand that makes an impact in the Indigenous community. Today, Manitobah is the world’s leading manufacturer of mukluks and moccasins and has emerged as a symbol of Canadian business excellence, Indigenous entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility.
Manitobah products can be found online at manitobah.ca and at select retailers including Cabela’s, Gravity Pope, Nordstrom and Town Shoes.