Retail Store Manager: Edmonton, AB CAN APPLY NOW
This is a Full-time, Fixed-term position from Sept 25, 2023 to Jan 31, 2024
Do you have a deep understanding of Indigenous Culture, and passionate about leading a sales team in delivering an outstanding shopping experience for Manitobah customers? If so, we want you to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role, you will oversee the daily operations of the store, ensuring the store achieves its sales goals, meets merchandise standards, and delivers operational excellence by leading a high performing team. You and your team will deliver an outstanding shopping experience that reinforces Manitobah's brand reputation as a preferred retail destination in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
Manitobah offers a competitive hourly rate, and a generous employee discount on Manitobah products.
You will work in our Kingsway Mall location in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Reports to: Director of Retail
- Key Relationships: Our Customers and Sales Team
- Direct Reports: Retail Ambassadors and Key Holders
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Greet and engage customers in a manner that models exemplary customer service, in coherence with sales model.
- Supervision of Retail Ambassadors and Key Holders.
- Coaching and motivating the team to reach and maintain top performance and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Lead performance reviews with your team and set action plans accordingly.
- Delegate tasks when necessary to store Key Holders.
- Set goals and lead measures to achieve store sales budgets.
- Execute standards in recruiting, hiring, training, customer service, visual merchandising, and store operations.
- Set up and manage an efficient and organized inventory stock room.
- Collaborate with HR in the recruitment of Retail Ambassadors.
- Facilitate onboarding and continued training of Retail Ambassadors.
- Create and manage staff scheduling.
- Responsible for approving and ensuring bi-weekly timesheets are correct for payroll.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and one-on-ones with Director of Retail.
- Enhance brand loyalty by empowering team to create a natural and personable experience for customers.
- Executing in store workshops and special events.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution.
- Ensures all merchandise is properly ticketed and displayed accordingly.
- Be responsible for ensuring cleanliness standards; visual merchandising standards are met.
- Maintain adequate stock through efficient inventory management.
- Track inventory and communicates stock replenishment needs.
- Manage administrative systems and procedures effectively and in accordance with company policies
- Be responsible for enforcing company policy, ensures a safe work environment, free of harassment or unlawful discrimination.
- Ensure store operates within its budget.
- Be responsible for adherence to all loss prevention and security policies, as well as credit procedures (e.g., credit and debit cards, employee purchases, discounts, deposits, returns and exchanges).
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in retail management role.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience supervising in a retail environment.
- Working in relations with Indigenous staff is considered an asset.
Educational Position Requirements:
- Completion of high school.
- College Diploma in Business or Management field is considered an asset.
Manitobah is dedicated to a greater cultural diversity throughout our business operations and hiring process. Manitobah is committed to hiring Indigenous employees wherever possible. More details available upon request.|||Edmonton, AB CAN|||Retail||||||qJAxjNRgN~8sO.~3|||TEMPORARY|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||